COVID-19 VACCINE INFORMATION
In order to assist our patrons with digesting the large amounts of information currently circulating regarding the COVID-19 vaccine and how the phased group scheduling is structured, we are providing links to verified sources that can provide accurate information. Please note, you must qualify for each phase of vaccination to schedule an appointment. Explanations of these phases and who is eligible can be found at https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/static/vaccine/general_fact_sheet.pdf.
Please call the Grafton-Midview Public Library Information Desk (440-926-3317) if you need assistance finding additional vaccine information or if you need to schedule a 30-minute appointment to use our public computers to schedule your vaccine.
To Find Vaccine Appointments, use Ohio's Central Scheduling Tool - gettheshot.coronavirus.ohio.gov
Currently the State of Ohio is vaccinating eligible members of the public in Phase 1B, 1C, 1D, 1E, 2A, 2B, and 2C. This timeline is:
- January 19, 2021 - Ohioans age 80 and older
- January 25, 2021 - Ohioans age 75 and older, those with an intellectual or developmental disability WITH certain conditions (the State of Ohio recommends these individuals/caretakers contact their local board of developmental disabilities to coordinate scheduling. Please visit Lorain County Board of Developmental Disabilities or call 440-329-3734 for more information).
- February 1, 2021 - Ohioans age 70 or older, employees of K-12 schools that wish to remain or return to in-person or hybrid models
- February 8, 2021 - Ohioans age 65 or older
- February 15, 2021 - Ohioans with severe congenital, developmental, or early onset and inherited conditions from a specified list (see full list here https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/covid-19-vaccination-program) (the State of Ohio recommends these individuals/caretakers contact their local board of developmental disabilities to coordinate scheduling. Please visit Lorain County Board of Developmental Disabilities or call 440-329-3734 for more information).
- March 4, 2021 - Phase 1C including those who work in childcare, funeral services, law enforcement/corrections, those with ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis), bone marrow transplants, those with type 1 diabetes, pregnant women. Please see https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/static/vaccine/phase-1c-fact-sheet.pdf for details.
- March 4, 2021 - Phase 2 including those Ohioans aged 60 and older.
- March 11, 2021 - Phase 1D including those with Type 2 diabetes and end-stage renal disease
- March 11, 2021 - Phase 2B including those Ohioans aged 50 and older
- March 19, 2021 - Phase 1E including individuals who have the specified medical conditions: cancer, chronic kidney disease (CKD), chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), heart disease, obesity
- March 19, 2021 - Phase 2C including Ohioans aged 40 and older.
- March 29, 2021 - Phase 2D including Ohioans aged 16 and older (with parental or legal guardian consent, individuals ages 16 and 17 will be eligible to receive the Pfizer vaccine, which is the only COVID-19 vaccine currently authorized for use under age 18).
For information regarding the Phase 1B for K-12 school personnel, please visit https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/covid-19-vaccination-program for the current schedule by county.
VACCINATION IN OHIO
This site will provide information about all aspects of the Ohio vaccination efforts around the current COVID-19 virus, such as an explanation of the phased approach being used, myths versus facts about the vaccine, helpful checklists, a link to the COVID-19 Call Center, and other helpful resource links from the CDC.
Vaccine Appointment Central Scheduling Tool - gettheshot.coronavirus.ohio.gov
VACCINE PROVIDER LOCATIONS IN OHIO
This tool will show providers throughout Ohio that have received shipments of COVID-19 vaccines for those currently eligible to be vaccinated in Phase 1B. This page is constantly updated as more vaccine is received in the state.
LORAIN COUNTY VACCINE UPDATES AND INFORMATION
This page provides information regarding COVID-19 testing, vaccine information, current community risk level, and contact information for the Lorain County Board of Health.
COVID-19 SCAM INFORMATION/IDENTITY THEFT
This infographic provides crucial information regarding current scams around getting a COVID-19 vaccine and what to watch out for (US Dept of Health & Human Services)
Valuable information from the FTC regarding vaccine cards, the information they store, and how to protect your identity.
COVID-19 TOWN HALL (STATE OF OHIO)
This page provides links to live and recorded town hall events where medical experts, community leaders, and public health professionals provide reliable and trustworthy information about COVID-19 vaccines.