COVID-19 VACCINE INFORMATION
In order to assist our patrons with digesting the large amounts of information currently circulating regarding the COVID-19 vaccine and how the phased group scheduling is structured, we are providing links to verified sources that can provide accurate information. Please note, you must qualify for each phase of vaccination to schedule an appointment. Explanations of these phases and who is eligible can be found at https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/static/vaccine/general_fact_sheet.pdf.
Please call the Grafton-Midview Public Library Information Desk (440-926-3317) if you need assistance finding additional vaccine information or if you need to schedule a 30-minute appointment to use our public computers to schedule your vaccine.
Currently the State of Ohio is vaccinating members of the public in Phase 1B. This timeline is:
- January 19, 2021 - Ohioans age 80 and older
- January 25, 2021 - Ohioans age 75 and older, those with an intellectual or developmental disability WITH certain conditions (the State of Ohio recommends these individuals/caretakers contact their local board of developmental disabilities to coordinate scheduling. Please visit Lorain County Board of Developmental Disabilities or call 440-329-3734 for more information).
- February 1, 2021 - Ohioans age 70 or older, employees of K-12 schools that wish to remain or return to in-person or hybrid models
- February 8, 2021 - Ohioans age 65 or older
- February 15, 2021 - Ohioans with severe congenital, developmental, or early onset and inherited conditions from a specified list (see full list here https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/covid-19-vaccination-program) (the State of Ohio recommends these individuals/caretakers contact their local board of developmental disabilities to coordinate scheduling. Please visit Lorain County Board of Developmental Disabilities or call 440-329-3734 for more information).
For information regarding the Phase 1B for K-12 school personnel, please visit https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/covid-19-vaccination-program for the current schedule by county.
VACCINATION IN OHIO
This site will provide information about all aspects of the Ohio vaccination efforts around the current COVID-19 virus, such as an explanation of the phased approach being used, myths versus facts about the vaccine, helpful checklists, a link to the COVID-19 Call Center, and other helpful resource links from the CDC.
VACCINE PROVIDER LOCATIONS IN OHIO
This tool will show providers throughout Ohio that have received shipments of COVID-19 vaccines for those currently eligible to be vaccinated in Phase 1B. This page is constantly updated as more vaccine is received in the state.
LORAIN COUNTY VACCINE UPDATES AND INFORMATION
This page provides information regarding COVID-19 testing, vaccine information, current community risk level, and contact information for the Lorain County Board of Health.
COVID-19 SCAM INFORMATION - U.S. DEPT OF HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES
This infographic provides crucial information regarding current scams around getting a COVID-19 vaccine and what to watch out for.
COVID-19 TOWN HALL (STATE OF OHIO)
This page provides links to live and recorded town hall events where medical experts, community leaders, and public health professionals provide reliable and trustworthy information about COVID-19 vaccines.